Thursday, June 04, 2009

Spider noise

I did well last night. I had a set amount of things I wanted to accomplish. Clear out a stack of books, check. Wash dishes, check. Knit 10 rows of sock, check. Spin one ball of fiber, check. Put CD's in storage containers, check. I'm sitting and relaxing, taking in all the finishedness and wonderfulness of me and I feel a tickle. My hair falls out a lot and so I think it is just that, a hair falling across my arm. So I don't think much of it. Then I feel it again. I look down, and to my horror, there is a spider crawling up my arm. Not a little one, mind you, a big, very visible spider. So I did what any normal woman would do. I made the spider noise and jumped up frantically brushing my arm. The spider noise is not a scream, or a cry, it's kind of a loud ohhhh. You'd know if you heard it. After I calmed down I realized I had scared my son and kind of laughed at him for being scared of me being scared of a spider. I did comfort him though.

No comments: