Friday, June 12, 2009

Black socks

I started a pair of socks using the Earl Grey pattern from the Yarn Harlot. The pattern seems to be very easy. Just a small patch of pattern every round with a bunch of knit stitches in between. But they are taking forever to do. I'm on the 2nd try because the first time I got about 20 rounds into the sock and realized there were a bunch of dropped stitches. Argh. So I started over and am doing better now. The yarn is Knit Picks essential sock yarn and it's nice but I think the problem is the BLACK. I can only knit on them during the day (hence the nighttime dropped stitches). So we'll see how it progresses.
In other news.... I was making coffee this morning and I was looking out to my garden, noting the grass coming up and being annoyed when I noticed a cat. A black cat. I thought to myself, "oh, I haven't seen that cat before, another cat to add to the herd of outside cats" It came closer to the house and it hit me, it's my cat, from the inside cat herd. I went outside to try and coax it in but it was having none of that. So I left the door cracked a bit and hopefully it will come back in. Or, the other inside cats will go out, or, the other outside cats will come in. It's never boring.

No comments: