Monday, June 01, 2009

Furniture moving

When I first moved into my house, I got a couch from freecycle. It was old and had dog hair on it but it was much better than no couch. I used it for a few months and then I got another newer better one and so the old one had to go out the front door and around the house and in the back door because the interior doors are too narrow to go through (old house) Anyway, it's been sitting back there for a couple months taking up space and getting things piled on it and providing safe haven for the killer cats that live in my house. But yesterday I decided to get rid of it. Give it away. Get it out of my house. We lugged it outside once again, putting it near the street. My son made a very nice sign saying "free" and we set it there. I was hoping someone would pick it up within a couple days and it wouldn't get too rained on.
Well, in about a half hour, 3 guys that live across the alley walked over and took a look at it, then took it home. Excellent. About an hour later I look over and they had the couch in the back yard, had a fire in front of it and were sitting around and relaxing. Looks like they were getting good use out of it.

No comments: