Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My craft evolution, part 2

I don't remember doing many crafts in high school. Such a social butterfly I was (ha!). I was a "brain" so of course I studied and did homework.
But in college I kind of got into a clothes refashioning kick. I'd look through catalogs and magazines and see what I liked then try to make something similar or use some of the ideas. I ended up with bermuda shorts (they were cool back then) sewn inside out and cheap shoes with sequins or beads sewn on. I even had some blue jeans that I bleached half of them and wore them that way. I dyed a few things but didn't do a very good job at it.
My second year of college I was working for an accounting firm and one of the women there was pregnant and working on a counted cross-stitch. There was the danger......

No comments: