Thursday, July 17, 2008

Knitting overload

I had two knitting projects going for a long time. Just the socks and the stole. Well, now, I have 5 things going. Still the socks and stole. The lovely Malabrigo is becoming a scarf rather quickly. It's wonderful to knit with and I just chose a stitch pattern from one of the Harmony guides, double basket weave, and it looks beautiful. I got the book through interlibrary loan at the college here where I work. Interlibrary loan is great! Then I can decide whether I really like a book before I buy it. This scarf will be put in the gift stash to be used when needed. Unfortunately I never have enough in the gift stash when Christmas comes around but I'm always trying.
I started teaching a friend to knit a dishcloth and of course I started my own to demonstrate. So that will be done quickly I think.
I also have my knit hat pattern I'm working on. I'm converting a flat pattern to be worked in the round and it's more difficult (for me) than I thought. I had 8 rows done on the brim but I'm going to have to pull it out and rework it. Weird stuff happens. But I'm very please with the yarn and I'll eventually be posting the pattern here.
Have a great day!

No comments: