Monday, July 07, 2008

4th of July

I spent the weekend in Durango at my brother-in-law's house. My boys had a great time playing x-box games and sitting in the hot tub and watching fireworks and playing with the dogs. They always hate to leave. I got going on the 2nd Masonic Lodge sock but didn't work on it too much. I did start some spinning of the lovely black merino wool I got in Denver about a month ago. I have 8 ounces and I'm going to try and get 2 pairs of socks out of it. That was kind of nice to just sit and spin. I think I ate too much.
I also got to go to Yarn, a nice store in Durango. I bought some of the much talked about Malabrigo and some Noro. Silly me, I hadn't brought any knitting needles other than the size 2 dpns for the socks. So all I could was fondle the yarn. Maybe tonight I'll play with it. Not sure what I can make with just one skein apiece but I'll try a hat or something.

No comments: