Sunday, November 11, 2007

You spin me right round baby

This lovely stuff is my fiber of the month from Spunky Eclectic.

It's called Aspen, she said it reminded her of Colorado. I thought that was appropriate, seeing as I am in Colorado. It's a merino/tencel blend and I can spin it super skinny. I'm wanting to make a scarf with it when I'm done. So stay tuned. The spindle is a recent purchase from Spinsanity on the Etsy website. Purple with the moon and stars. I wanted it because it's lighter than the CD spindle I have. And of course, everyone wants new stuff.

This very blurry hat is the knitted toque I made from my second handspun. When I first made it I thought it would be too small. But I blocked it over a bowl and 'hey presto' it fits me. It's scratchy and I probably won't wear it but it's my very first knitted item from my handspun and does look nice (yuck photo nonwithstanding). Smile.
I have 6 more ounces of fiber on the way from Spunky and I'm rubbing my hands together greedily in anticipation. 4 ounces of wool and 2 ounces of a merino/bamboo blend. *ouch* Not so much rubbing please.
Take care.

No comments: