Sunday, November 11, 2007

In which........

This..... becomes this....




and then this....


Or, if you prefer.... this


becoming this....

The pink is a linen thread which used to be a sweater. I love linen and so purchased this too small sweater to ravel and make something else out of it. Upon doing this I realized that the linen "yarn" was just 4 threads of linen held together. After much thought and consultation, (i.e. asking Ravelry) I decided to spin it on my spindle and give it some twist and then wash it to try and set the twist. Seems to be working so far though I haven't actually tried to knit with it yet.

The blue is another 100% wool sweater raveled to make this beautiful yarn. (Someday I'll have a good camera that takes good pictures to show you the beauty of it) That hank of yarn is just the sleeves if you can believe it. I'll get 2 good sized balls from it to join the other 4 good sized balls I've gotten. The last picture is a sock I'm knitting from one of the balls. We'll see if a ball=2 socks. I'm hoping so.

Next time some spinning fun!

Take care!

No comments: