Sunday, November 11, 2007

Literary post of the week

Ah yes, let us discuss what I am reading. *perching spectacles upon my nose*

Living the Good Life by Helen and Scott Nearing

This book was first published in 1954 and yet I find it so relevant and interesting. This couple decides to buy a farm in Vermont and life a simple life. Hoping to work 6 months out of the year and spend the other 6 months spreading their ideas and doing good works. My quote of the week was from this book. Evidently this is something I would like to do because I've read a lot of books of a similar tone.


The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers by Lilian Jackson Braun

I always like these books so it's no surprise I like this one. I like cats and I like the minor mysteries in the books. They are definitely light reading.


And the next book I have on the list is

Chicken Justice and Other Unexpected Lessons in Country Living by Steve Coffman

Yet another simple living book. I haven't yet started it but it looks to be well written.


Of course all this is addition to the textbooks I'm reading for class and everything else I do. Can you say BUSY?

No comments: