Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Philosophy

A post on a forum I read got me to thinking. It was about new year's resolutions. Are they a waste of time? Do they motivate people? Why do it at this date and not some other date in the year? Do people actually keep the resolutions? (I don't think they do) Some years I have a resolution and some years not. I tend to not keep doing something unless I make it fun somehow. My attention span is not all that great. Even something I start out liking I might drop later on. I try to remember this when I make commitments to organizations. I realize that after a year I probably won't be all that interested anymore, even if I feel like I should be. The good thing about this is that I've done a variety of things, been in charge of a variety of things. I'm glad I did them all.

No comments: