Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Stamp Collecting

Stamp collecting is one of many small hobbies that I have. To me it has always sounded really boring and something a bunch of nerds do. But, either I am one of the nerds or it's really not. Each stamp is really a work of art, unique and interesting to look at. I can literally spend hours sorting out stamps and trying to figure out where they go in my book. Today I ordered additional pages and a few stamps for my collection. What I really realized is that my grandma used to save stamps for a church project. I think the stamps were sold to a dealer to make the church a little money. With very little effort I can imagine that a few of the stamps I've bought for my collection were actually saved by my grandma over 30 years ago. That is a pleasant connectedness feeling. That makes me happy.

No comments: