Friday, February 16, 2007

Knitting Blogs

The last couple days I've been reading knitting blogs. Who knew there were so many? And beautiful beautiful pictures of yarn and finished and in process knitting projects. Seems they also like cats as much as I do. It's inspiring and so maybe part of the reason knitters write so much and read so many other blogs. It's also humbling that I can't knit nearly as well as they do but there are so many things I enjoy doing, it's hard to fit them all in. I'm wanting to knit socks and I have some yarn to try them out. I found a pattern that looks reasonably not too hard but we'll see. I'm famous for starting things and not finishing them. Oh, I do eventually but it can take years sometimes. Fibers and yarns are so wonderfully tactile and soothing. Some of the colors you can get are truly wonderful. I'm hoping to go to Taos or Santa Fe or SOMEWHERE this weekend for my birthday and a nice meal and try and find a yarn shop. The blogs I've read make me feel that it's not really a guilty pleasure to buy yarn with no plan in mind, no project in mind. That would make me happy. A delightful thought. These blogs make me want to get my own digital camera and start taking pictures. Maybe a beginner knitter blog. Or maybe I will just keep reading since my blog will probably be some other bizarre unrelated topic the next time I write. I'm famous for that too. nk's to D

No comments: