Friday, September 26, 2008

What am I doing?

I ask myself that a lot. With knitting and spinning I do know what I'm working on though. Since the advent of the lovely bus ride to work, I have more time to knit. I'm working on a pair of socks from the Knit Socks book. (wonderful book, I recommend it) Those were getting time consuming and so in a moment of weakness I started the Babette blanket. But it won't be in so many colors and will be crocheted in Red Heart soft. The first big square is almost finished and I've decided to seam it as I go. I know if I get to the end and all those little squares have to be put together, I won't do it. I'm still working on the stole and am averse to even picking it up lately. It's beautiful, so I want to finish it but it's annoying to do. Perhaps I need to do lace with different needles or something. You know, I've been wanting to buy some Addi needles. (it just occurred to me that I've put none of these projects on Ravelry, well, the stole but nothing else) I also started a Road Scarf with Noro but I only had one skein so I'll have to wait on that until I get some more. It's beautiful.
I'm spinning some roving from Freckle Face Fibers and the wool is great but I'm not liking my plying. The green and brown I don't like how I've put them together. But it might look good as a hat. We'll see. I'm anxious to start on some other wools I've bought and so now I see why people have more than one wheel.

No comments: